Remember Login and Password: Internet Explorer
Infopackets Reader Harold D. writes:
" Dear Dennis,
On a new computer or when the operating system is first installed, there is a box that pops up in Internet Explorer that asks if I want to Remember my Login and Passwords on a web site.
There is also an option you can select that says something to the effect of, 'Don't ask to save anymore passwords," and if you select that option, that box will never appear again.'
My question is: how do I turn that feature back on? I have searched everything I can think of on the net and cannot find an answer to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. "
What you are referring to is called "AutoComplete" in Internet Explorer.
To turn enable / disable AutoComplete:
- Launch IE
- Click Tools -& Options
- Go to the Content Tab and click AutoComplete
- Enable everything
Note, however, that if you ever have to format your computer or use your restore CD, you will lose your passwords. A *much* better program for handling forms is RoboForm because you can save your passwords to external media (and much, much more). It also works with Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, and other web browsers. For more info, refer to this article:
I use RoboForm about 50 times a day (no kidding).
How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- No Service Packs For Windows 10; Support ends 2025
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Windows 10 to Natively Support iOS, Android Apps
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?