Editing Round Trip Documents: MS Word
After your document is finally finished and formatted just the way you wanted, you often have to send it to another person who is collaborating with you on the document.
When it comes back to you, sometimes it doesn't have the same formatting as when you last saved it.
If a document comes to you single spaced with no line spacing between the paragraphs, rather than clicking at the end of each paragraph and pressing [Enter], you can add line spacing to the entire document in two easy steps:
- Press Ctrl+A.
- Press Ctrl+0 (zero).
MS Word adds a 12-point line space before each paragraph, which is equivalent to a single line space.
Not only was the spacing in your document changed, but while your styles are correctly applied, there seems to be added formats to some paragraphs. These formats don't necessarily follow your template's paragraph style (for example, they may have changed the alignment from justified to left). To return these paragraphs to the correct style format, follow these steps:
- Hold down Ctrl while selecting the paragraphs to be changed.
- Press Ctrl+Q.
Word will remove all paragraph formats not normally applied by the style.
You can also press Ctrl+Shift+N to return the paragraphs to the Normal style.
You've just quickly and easily returned your document to your original format!
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.