Windows Vista: Coming Soon to a DVD Near You
A Microsoft representative confirmed Friday that Windows Vista will be distributed on a single DVD disc. Vista is said to be released in January 2007.
The single DVD will include the most basic version of the operating system, and will also include the version with all the bells and whistles, dubbed "Vista Ultimate." (Source: news.com)
Prices for Vista
Come January, consumers can choose between the following versions (prices in US Dollars):
- Windows Vista Home Basic: $199
- Windows Vista Home Premium: $239
- Windows Vista Business: $299
- Windows Vista Ultimate: $399 (Source: pcworld.com)
New Feature: Windows Anytime Upgrade
Since the DVD contains all flavors of Vista operating system, an unlock code determines which version of Vista will be installed onto a PC. With that said, a new feature called the "Windows Anytime Upgrade" allows users to upgrade to more advanced versions of Vista by simply phoning in Microsoft customer service in order to obtain a new license key. The upgrade then takes place from the same DVD used to install the previous version. (Source: theinquirer.net)
"With Windows Anytime Upgrade, the idea is to provide customers with the most convenient user experience possible by enabling them to more easily and directly upgrade to a higher edition of Windows Vista from within their current edition," a Microsoft spokesperson said. (Source: pcworld.com)
The Anytime Update initiative will not only cut costs for Microsoft, but will also provide a seamless upgrade for Vista customers.
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.