'Young People are Just Smarter,' Says Facebook CEO
22-year-old Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard to create the social networking phenomenon. Judging from his recent comments, Zuckerberg probably didn't attend any age discrimination or public relations classes during his short stay at the ivy league school.
Zuckerberg, in a recent event at Stanford University, has made it clear that he doesn't think experience is important; rather, it's being young that's an asset.
"I want to stress the importance of being young and technical," he said, explaining that start-ups should only employ the young and technologically-savvy. "Young people are just smarter. Why are most chess masters under 30?" he added. (Source: news.com)
Zuckerberg went on to say: "Young people just have simpler lives. We may not own a car. We may not have family. I only own a mattress." He explained that such distractions only get in the way of focusing on your ideas. "Simplicity in life allows you to focus on what's important." (Source: venturebeat.com)
While many may scoff at the Zuckerberg's comments, no one can deny the success of his creation. Facebook has over 18 million registered users, and the website logs over 30 billion page views each month. (Source: wikipedia.org)
The website's massive popularity has led analysts to predict that Facebook will rake in more than $100 million in revenue this year. The high cash stream has caused many companies to eye Facebook as a potential purchase. However, Zuckerberg has been reluctant to sell his creation, even refusing a $1 billion offer from Yahoo. Instead of selling it, Zuckerberg says that he will prefer to grow Facebook. (Source: bitsofnews.com)
Then again, if Zuckerberg sticks to his word, perhaps he won't want to hold onto Facebook forever. After all, he's not getting any younger.
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.