Scotty's Remains: Rocket Proving Difficult to Recover
A couple weeks ago, we reported on the launching of a couple hundred human remnants into space. Sound whacky? It is, but the stunt -- which included the ashes of a former astronaut and Star Trek actor James Doohan -- attracted quite a bit of attention. Now, teams associated with the project are scrambling to relocate the cremated ashes as they return to earth: a task that's proving unexpectedly tricky.
For those who missed it, the actor who once portrayed the lovable "Scotty" on Gene Roddenberry's original Star Trek series (Doohan) was amongst 200 long-gone souls launched towards the heavens on the back of a rocket.
Although family members were promised a fine plaque along with the ashes once they returned from the earth's stratosphere, those behind the project apparently couldn't predict where the remains would land. Unfortunately for all involved, the earth-bound package landed on the top of a mountain, and could take days to recover.
Leading the expedition to get those ashes back is UP Aerospace Inc, whose president recently told Fox News that the remains are perched on top of a remote mountain. "The only way to get in there is by helicopter," president Jerry Larson said, "But, once we spot it, getting it out is the easy part." (Source: foxnews.com)
At the moment, the ashes are nestled in rocky, rough terrain some 1,300 feet from the nearest recovery team. Inclement weather, including tornadoes, have prevented a concentrated effort to reach the general location of the remains.
It sure seems like one heck of a hassle for a 4 minute suborbital trip no one was awake to enjoy. (Source: syfyportal.com)
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.