Microsoft Outlook Auto Complete enable or disable?
Die-hard Infopackets Reader Brandon S. writes:
" Dear Dennis,
How can I enable or disable the Auto Complete feature in Microsoft Outlook? It worked previously in Outlook Express but doesn't seem activated in MS Outlook. Thanks for everything, and take care! "
I personally don't use Microsoft Outlook, so I decided to use Google to try and find the answer to Brandon's question. The suggestions below are based on some of Google's top picks.
To Recap: When enabled, the Auto Complete feature suggests frequently used email addresses when data is entered in the To:, Bcc: or Cc: fields of an email message.
To enable or disable Auto Complete in Microsoft Outlook 2002:
- Load Microsoft Outlook 2002
- Go to the Tools pull-down menu and choose Options
- Click the E-Mail Options button, and then the Advanced E-mail Options button
- To enable Auto Complete, check the box for "Suggest names while completing the To, Cc and Bcc fields
RE: Associated issues with Auto Complete and Microsoft Outlook
While weeding through some of Google's results, I stumbled across a few interesting links pertaining to Auto Complete and Microsoft Outlook.
Issue #1: Auto Complete may incorrectly remember contacts which do not exist
As the TechTV web site suggests, the file which stores frequently used contacts may become corrupt. To correct the problem, the contacts file can be reset by deleting the Microsoft Outlook "nickname list" file, which is located in Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder (for each Outlook profile). The file name ends in .NK2. Note: Deleting this file will remove all contacts.
Issue #2: Auto Complete may suggest the wrong "frequently used" contact
To remove a contact from your list, "... so that it won't be suggested again, open a new message and begin typing in the address. Use the up and down arrow keys to select the address to be removed from the addresses suggested. When the address to be removed is highlighted, press the Delete key. "
Issue #3: Auto Complete May Not Function Correctly After You Upgrade from Outlook 2000 Internet Mail Only to Outlook 2002.
I found the link to this bug reported by the Microsoft Knowledge base. Details on the fix are here:
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.