Pentagon Seeks Robots To Hunt Down Uncooperative Humans
The latest Orwellian request from the Pentagon reportedly involves seeking contractors to provide a "Multi-Robot Pursuit System" that will let packs of robots "search for and detect a non-cooperative human." (Source: newscientist.com and dodsbir.net)
Questions arise as to where that type of technology could end up. Last year, iRobot struck a deal with Taser International to mount stun guns on its military robots. How long will it be before we see packs of rogue droids hunting down pesky demonstrators with paralyzing and deadly weapons while making wrong decisions?
Steve Wright of Leeds Metropolitan University, an expert on police and military technologies told New Scientist that "what we have here are the beginnings of something designed to enable robots to hunt down humans like a pack of dogs" and "once the software is perfected we can reasonably anticipate that they will become autonomous and become armed."
Technologies for human detection and tracking devices including sensors which detect human breath and the radio waves associated with a human heart beat have already been developed.
While it's understandable that the military would want such equipment for war time use, concerns have arisen that it would be used against U.S. citizens irresponsibly.
With the threat of Marshall Law being instituted if the fraudulent bailout wasn't passed, U.S. troops being deployed on U.S. soil and the Department of Homeland Security expanding its own powers to search travelers at borders -- and turning vast swaths of the U.S. into "Constitution-Free Zones," egregiously violating the civil rights of numerous Americans -- the question of what the military intends to do with heavily armed robots tracking down 'non-cooperative' humans is a very legitimate one. (Source: countercurrents.org, and aclu.org)
It appears that America has slowly and methodically been changed from a Democracy to a fascist police state in the name of "National Security," which may just be an oxymoron intended to keep crimes committed by the federal government covered up.
At what point does the federal government start looking out for the people they allegedly represent? At what point do people start paying attention to the dangerous acts being committed against them by their own government?
Visit Bill's Links and More for more great tips, just like this one!
How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- No Service Packs For Windows 10; Support ends 2025
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Windows 10 to Natively Support iOS, Android Apps
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?