Digital Camera won't download pictures to PC?
Infopackets Reader 'Becks1969' writes:
" Dear Dennis,
When I try to download my pictures off my camera or my memory card, it doesn't seem to do anything -- and some times, my camera beeps. I used to be able to do this, but now my camera software doesn't even ask me if I want to download my pictures.
Would you have any idea what I need to do to try to get this working again? I have been reading your newsletters and a lot of your information has helped me a great deal. I'm hoping you might be able to help me with this matter."
A number of things may prohibiting your camera from downloading the pictures to your computer. Here are a few suggestions that should point you in the right direction:
- Ensure that all cables are properly secured from the computer to the camera.
- Ensure that the memory card has not been dislodged from the camera.
- Check the camera's memory socket and the memory card for debris. A can of 'compressed air' can work wonders (typically available at any computer store).
- Make certain that the port connecting the camera to the computer is not damaged. Look for any bent pins in the camera's memory slot. Try replacing the camera cable. If the camera uses a USB port, try another USB port. If you don't have another USB port available, try plugging in another USB device to verify that the USB port is working.
- Check the power source on the camera. If you're using batteries while attempting to transfer the pictures to the PC, try changing your batteries, recharge the batteries, or use an A/C adapter.
- Try reinstalling the digital camera software on your computer. In most cases, reinstalling over top of the existing software will resolve this issue.
- Take the media out of the digital camera and attempt to download it to another computer. If all else fails, try formatting the camera media. Most newer-generation digital cameras equipped with an LCD screen have a menu option that can format your media.
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.