Digital Camera won't download pictures to PC?
Infopackets Reader 'Becks1969' writes:
" Dear Dennis,
When I try to download my pictures off my camera or my memory card, it doesn't seem to do anything -- and some times, my camera beeps. I used to be able to do this, but now my camera software doesn't even ask me if I want to download my pictures.
Would you have any idea what I need to do to try to get this working again? I have been reading your newsletters and a lot of your information has helped me a great deal. I'm hoping you might be able to help me with this matter."
A number of things may prohibiting your camera from downloading the pictures to your computer. Here are a few suggestions that should point you in the right direction:
- Ensure that all cables are properly secured from the computer to the camera.
- Ensure that the memory card has not been dislodged from the camera.
- Check the camera's memory socket and the memory card for debris. A can of 'compressed air' can work wonders (typically available at any computer store).
- Make certain that the port connecting the camera to the computer is not damaged. Look for any bent pins in the camera's memory slot. Try replacing the camera cable. If the camera uses a USB port, try another USB port. If you don't have another USB port available, try plugging in another USB device to verify that the USB port is working.
- Check the power source on the camera. If you're using batteries while attempting to transfer the pictures to the PC, try changing your batteries, recharge the batteries, or use an A/C adapter.
- Try reinstalling the digital camera software on your computer. In most cases, reinstalling over top of the existing software will resolve this issue.
- Take the media out of the digital camera and attempt to download it to another computer. If all else fails, try formatting the camera media. Most newer-generation digital cameras equipped with an LCD screen have a menu option that can format your media.
Free eBook: Windows 7: Tips & Tricks. This eBook is for users that want to go one step further in their understanding of the Windows 7 operating system. With over 50 of the finest tips and tricks, this 113 page Windows 7 eBook features a plethora of screenshots, and was written especially for novices in mind. Also included is a bonus section for Windows 7 applications. Written and presented by technology enthusiast Vasu Jain. About the author: Vasu Jain is a software developer, web engineer, blogger, and Master's student at University of Southern California. He has written 2 other eBooks, including Office 2010 Tips & Tricks, and Developing apps for Windows 8. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.