Radisson Hotels Hacked: Data Leaked Nov '08 to May '09
Radisson hotels, operators of about 400 franchised locations in 65 countries, recently reported significant data breaches exposing sensitive customer data.
An open letter to guests from Radisson chief operating officer Fredrik Korallus reveals that Radisson's computer system was victimized by hackers between November 2008 and May 2009. Stolen customer information includes credit and debit card numbers. (Source: zdnet.com)
Limited Number of Hotels Involved
According to the letter, a limited number of hotels in the U.S. and Canada were involved in the incident. Other information accessed may have included names printed on a guest's credit or debit card, the card number and/or a card's expiration date.
Radisson has been coordinating with federal law enforcement to assist in investigating the incident, but there is no mention of how many customer records were accessed.
Radisson Offers Free Credit Monitoring
Radisson is recommending that customers review their credit/debit card statements and credit reports closely and to report any unauthorized card activity to the bank that issued it, along with the proper law enforcement authorities.
Victims of the breach can visit Radisson's website for instructions on how to receive free credit monitoring for one year.
Radisson has implemented additional security measures to prevent a recurrence of the breach. More information on the breach can be found in the letter from Radisson's chief operating officer or by calling (866) 584-9255 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. CST daily.
Visit Bill's Links and More for more great tips, just like this one!
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.