New Tech Dental Gel Self-Repairs Decaying Teeth
Many adults avoid regular visits to the dentist -- oftentimes because they're afraid of discovering a cavity, or worse.
Having a tooth cavity filled can be time-consuming, costly, and an unpleasant experience. But the fears of many might soon subside, as scientists have been working to create a high tech dental gel that makes trips to the dentist virtually painless.
The anti-cavity dental gel, developed at the University of Leeds' School of Chemistry, penetrates the microscopic pores of a decaying tooth. The gel actually contains a peptide (called P 11-4) that develops into fibers and acts like a magnet for calcium.
This means that the liquid-turned-gel draws minerals into the problematic tooth and repairs it from the inside out. (Source: yahoo.com)
Initial Results Cause For Excitement
Early reports have rendered positive results, and the high tech liquid appears to be performing as promised. The favorable news has been cause for celebration among many of the scientists working on the project.
Jennifer Kirkham, a professor at the Leeds Dental Institute, expressed praise for such an improbable feat, stating that "we are essentially helping acid-damaged teeth to regenerate themselves. It is a totally natural, non-surgical repair process and is entirely pain-free too."
While an incredible discovery, this is not the first time that such a concept has been put forward.
Last year, a group of French scientists first spoke of a tooth treatment method that would stimulate re-growth of a natural tooth, but the Leeds team has since furthered this idea into a working product. (Source: inventorspot.com)
Anti-cavity Dental Gel for Emergent Cavities Only
While the anti-cavity dental gel is certainly promising for a number of skeptical patients, the Leeds team says that the gel is currently designed to work on emergent dental concerns only. In other words, serious cavity cases would still need to be cared for under "traditional" treatment methods.
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.