365HP Batmobile Hits eBay, Going For $620K
Do you fancy a spin around town in Bruce Wayne's favorite ride? Then head on over to popular auction site eBay, which is reportedly selling a Batman's Batmobile for just a tad over $600,000.
First off, the bad news.
This Batmobile wasn't used in any of the Hollywood Batman movies; instead, it is a replica Batmobile built by Putsch Racing. Also, this particular Batmobile wasn't used by Christian Bale (as seen in the 'Dark Knight' version of Batman). Instead, it's a replica of the 1989 model Batmobile, which starred Michael Keaton as the masked crusader. (Source: espn1420.com)
And depending on how you look at it, a $620,000 price tag may also be bad news.
Batmobile Features 365HP Helicopter Engine, iPad
Now for the good news.
This Batmobile is registered for street use, which means that this 365-horsepower behemoth is ready to tear up some serious roadway.
The engine is from Putsch Racing and boasts the "world's only turbine-powered Bat Car," meaning that the engine was actually swapped out of a decommissioned helicopter -- a Gyrodyne QH-50 DASH (Drone Anti-Submarine Helicopter), to be exact. (Source: gmanews.tv)
The Putsch Racing Batmobile uses jet fuel, diesel or kerosene and can reportedly reach speeds of 180 miles per hour. Despite the nature of these gases, it's said that the vehicle does not expel fuel that should be considered particularly harmful. We believe this is a relative statement.
Another neat feature: although this Batmobile is modeled on a car from 1989, there's actually some brand-spanking-new technology inside. The best addition may be a mounted iPad 3G, which allows drivers to access all kinds of different on-board options.
Update: The original eBay listing for the Putsch Racing Batmobile ended September 5, 2011, without a single bidder. For those still interested, the listing has been extended until September 15.
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.