iPhone 5S Due June 2013: Analyst Predicts Features
A prominent tech industry analyst has predicted that an update to the iPhone 5, the iPhone 5S, will ship in June 2013. Aside from improved hardware specifications, the analyst believes the new device will also come in a number of different colors.
Jeffries analyst Peter Misek recently unveiled his predictions for a new version of the iPhone 5. Misek believes the device will come equipped with a "super HD" camera and screen and will feature a longer battery life.
iPhone 5S to Receive Long-Awaited NFC Technology
Misek also believes an updated iPhone 5 will receive Near-Field Communication (NFC) technology, allowing iPhone owners to use the device like a credit card when making payments at retail stores. (Source: latimes.com)
NFC tech can also be used to wirelessly transfer files from one device to another.
Many Apple fans had hoped that NFC technology would be included in the iPhone 5 released in 2012. However, that didn't prove to be the case -- even though various Android phones have since shipped with NFC features built-in.
In fact, there are a number of Android smartphones on the market right now that allow users to transfer data simply by tapping two phones together.
iPhone 5S the First Colorful iPhone?
Misek also believes an iPhone 5S will ship in at least six different colors. Given that Apple has offered iPod Touch and Nano fans a wide choice of colors for years, it makes sense that iPhone users would be given a similar range of color options.
With Nokia and Samsung offering smartphones in different colors, Apple may be feeling pressure to give its iPhone a little more personality.
Finally, Misek suggested that Apple could release a cheaper version of the iPhone alongside the iPhone 5S next June. A possible price range for such a device: $200 to $250. (Source: cnet.com)
It's worth noting that Misek has made several correct predictions about iPhone releases in the past.
However, the Jeffries analyst recently missed the mark when suggesting a possible date for the iPad Mini's unveiling.
Misek originally insisted that Apple would show off the 7-inch tablet in September, when the device wasn't actually unveiled until October 2012.
How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- No Service Packs For Windows 10; Support ends 2025
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Windows 10 to Natively Support iOS, Android Apps
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?