Remove SpyFalcon (Removal Instructions)
SpyFalcon is the latest rogue anti-spyware program that dupes unsuspecting users into registering (paying) for a full version of the program in order to remove a supposed Spyware infection.
SpyFalcon operates in the same manner as SpyAxe and SpywareStrike by issuing fake warning messages similar (and almost identical to) Windows Update Notification balloons. Click here for an example. Like SpyAxe and SpywareStrike, SpyFalcon infects the host computer due to an exploit in MS Windows. The exploit can be resolved after infection is removed and after visiting Windows Update Web site.
Both steps are explained in detail below.
How to Remove SpyFalcon
It is recommended that you save these instructions to your desktop for later use.
- To begin: right click over top of the link remove_spyfalcon.reg, select "Save Link As" or "Save File as", and save the file to your desktop.
- Next, download SmitRemFix by Noahdfear to your desktop. Once downloaded, double click to uninstall all the files into a folder, but do not run the program yet. SmitRemFix must be run in Safe Mode.
In safe mode:
- Click Start -> Control Panel; launch the Add / Remove Programs icon.
- Find the entry for SpyFalcon and double-click on it. Follow the prompts to uninstall the program, but do not allow it to reboot the computer if it asks.
- When it has completed uninstalling you can close Add or Remove Programs and your Control Panel.
- Delete the following files and folders (if they exist):
- Close all open Windows; open the SmitRemFix folder on your desktop.
- Double-click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool; follow the instructions. If SmitRemFix finds an infection, it will start an uninstaller. Click on the Uninstall button to finish the removal. When complete, SmitRemFix will close automatically.
- Your desktop may disappear for a split second as the SmitRemFix removes any leftover files installed by the infection. When complete, it will close automatically and you will be back at your desktop.
- At this point, your computer should now be free of the SpyFalcon infection. To verify that your computer is free of infection, you may choose (optionally) to run PandaOnline scan:
- Once this is complete:
a) Visit Windows Update to update your computer. Otherwise, Spy Falcon will most likely re-infect your machine.
b) If you cannot visit Windows Update in Safe Mode, reboot your computer back to normal mode and visit Windows Update. After that, your computer should be clear of the infection (once and for all).
Free eBook: Best Windows 8.1 Browser: Chrome vs. Firefox vs. Internet Explorer. When it comes to web browsing on your Windows 8 tablet, chances are you've already picked your favorite browser for the job. But you might be missing out: the best browsers can enhance your surfing experience with fast speeds, comprehensive standards support and intuitive navigation. We put the three leading browsers for Windows 8's "Metro" mode - Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer - to the test to see which one will serve you best. From button placement to changing tabs, your browser's layout is fundamental to how quickly and comfortably you can surf the web. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.