Excel Can E-Mail Your Weekly Reports For You!
Many times, in an office setting, you have an Excel spreadsheet that has to be sent to different departments on a weekly basis. Even if you have a distribution list setup in MS Outlook, it still takes some time to setup your e-mail and proof it before sending it out. Why not let MS Excel do it for you?
Follow the steps below to lighten your workload:
- Launch MS Excel if it is not already open.
- Open the workbook containing the report you want to send.
- Click ALT + F11.
- The Visual Basic Editor will open.
- In the Project-VBA Project pane, double-click ThisWorkbook.
- Go to Insert | Procedure.
- Click in the Name text box and enter WeeklyReportEmail.
- Click OK.
- At the prompt, enter the code below:
- Dim DistList As Variant
- DistList = Array("email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com") ActiveWorkbook.Sendmail Recipients: = DistList
- Click ALT + Q.
- Click ALT + F8.
- Click WeeklyReportEmail in the Macro list.
- Click the Options button.
- In the CTRL+ box, enter m.
- Click OK.
When it is time to send the spreadsheet to everyone on your distribution list you simply open the workbook and click CTRL + M.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Free eBook: Windows 7 - The Pocket Guide. Windows 7 is by far the most favorite and widely-used Microsoft operating system to date, and, there are literally thousands of customizations you can apply to it. This pocket guide will help you customize your Windows 7 PC and make it work in the easiest and most optimized way possible. The eBook is written in an easy to understand manner, whether you're a newbie or seasoned pro user. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.