The WiFi Enabled T-Shirt
When you're constantly on the move, it can be a challenge to get online with your laptop. It isn't always easy to find a good WiFi hotspot (a designated area that allows you connect to the Internet wirelessly when you're away from home).
Pretty soon, all you'll have to do is look down at your t-shirt to find out if you're in a WiFi area. It sounds like science fiction, but a company called ThinkGeek has made it reality.
Is this high tech concept five years down the road? Ten years? Try later this month. Yes, by the end of October, one of these shirts could be hanging in your closet.
What's this t-shirt all about?
The shirt has glowing bars on the front. As you approach a wireless signal, the bars begin to light up. As the signal strengthens, more bars light up on the shirt.
But there's one caveat: this piece of primo geekwear isn't activated by solar energy. It requires three AAA batteries. Fortunately, you can take out the battery connector when it comes time to wash the shirt. Also annoying is the fact that the shirt can't tell whether the WiFi signal is open (available to everyone) or encrypted (inaccessible without a password).
The shirt was developed by ThinkGeek employee Ty Liotta. It is currently only available in black. (Source: pcworld.com)
The shirt can be ordered online from ThinkGeek's website for $30 U.S. (Source: thinkgeek.com)
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.