Excel Can E-Mail Your Weekly Reports For You!
Many times, in an office setting, you have an Excel spreadsheet that has to be sent to different departments on a weekly basis. Even if you have a distribution list setup in MS Outlook, it still takes some time to setup your e-mail and proof it before sending it out. Why not let MS Excel do it for you?
Follow the steps below to lighten your workload:
- Launch MS Excel if it is not already open.
- Open the workbook containing the report you want to send.
- Click ALT + F11.
- The Visual Basic Editor will open.
- In the Project-VBA Project pane, double-click ThisWorkbook.
- Go to Insert | Procedure.
- Click in the Name text box and enter WeeklyReportEmail.
- Click OK.
- At the prompt, enter the code below:
- Dim DistList As Variant
- DistList = Array("firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org") ActiveWorkbook.Sendmail Recipients: = DistList
- Click ALT + Q.
- Click ALT + F8.
- Click WeeklyReportEmail in the Macro list.
- Click the Options button.
- In the CTRL+ box, enter m.
- Click OK.
When it is time to send the spreadsheet to everyone on your distribution list you simply open the workbook and click CTRL + M.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Free eBook: Best Windows 8.1 Browser: Chrome vs. Firefox vs. Internet Explorer. When it comes to web browsing on your Windows 8 tablet, chances are you've already picked your favorite browser for the job. But you might be missing out: the best browsers can enhance your surfing experience with fast speeds, comprehensive standards support and intuitive navigation. We put the three leading browsers for Windows 8's "Metro" mode - Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer - to the test to see which one will serve you best. From button placement to changing tabs, your browser's layout is fundamental to how quickly and comfortably you can surf the web. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.