Excel Can E-Mail Your Weekly Reports For You!
Many times, in an office setting, you have an Excel spreadsheet that has to be sent to different departments on a weekly basis. Even if you have a distribution list setup in MS Outlook, it still takes some time to setup your e-mail and proof it before sending it out. Why not let MS Excel do it for you?
Follow the steps below to lighten your workload:
- Launch MS Excel if it is not already open.
- Open the workbook containing the report you want to send.
- Click ALT + F11.
- The Visual Basic Editor will open.
- In the Project-VBA Project pane, double-click ThisWorkbook.
- Go to Insert | Procedure.
- Click in the Name text box and enter WeeklyReportEmail.
- Click OK.
- At the prompt, enter the code below:
- Dim DistList As Variant
- DistList = Array("firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org") ActiveWorkbook.Sendmail Recipients: = DistList
- Click ALT + Q.
- Click ALT + F8.
- Click WeeklyReportEmail in the Macro list.
- Click the Options button.
- In the CTRL+ box, enter m.
- Click OK.
When it is time to send the spreadsheet to everyone on your distribution list you simply open the workbook and click CTRL + M.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Free guide: Windows 8 Cheat Sheet: Keyboard Shortcuts. Microsoft Windows has always had some fantastic time-saving keyboard shortcuts designed to make our lives easier. For example: CTRL-X will cut text or objects, and CTRL-V will paste them. (Of course, you can use your mouse to achieve the same thing, but it requires clicking and fumbling through menus, which can be a huge time waster if you cut and paste 50+ times a day). With Windows 8, Microsoft has added many new keyboard shortcuts to their operating system; unfortunately, it's a bit of a learning curve. That's where the Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts cheat sheet comes in! Simply download the guide and reference it when you need to. You'll save a ton of time using your keyboard, rather than reaching for the mouse and flipping through oodles of menus trying to find what you're looking for. Share and enjoy! Click here to download this guide now! Note: this guide is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.