Excel Can E-Mail Your Weekly Reports For You!
Many times, in an office setting, you have an Excel spreadsheet that has to be sent to different departments on a weekly basis. Even if you have a distribution list setup in MS Outlook, it still takes some time to setup your e-mail and proof it before sending it out. Why not let MS Excel do it for you?
Follow the steps below to lighten your workload:
- Launch MS Excel if it is not already open.
- Open the workbook containing the report you want to send.
- Click ALT + F11.
- The Visual Basic Editor will open.
- In the Project-VBA Project pane, double-click ThisWorkbook.
- Go to Insert | Procedure.
- Click in the Name text box and enter WeeklyReportEmail.
- Click OK.
- At the prompt, enter the code below:
- Dim DistList As Variant
- DistList = Array("firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org") ActiveWorkbook.Sendmail Recipients: = DistList
- Click ALT + Q.
- Click ALT + F8.
- Click WeeklyReportEmail in the Macro list.
- Click the Options button.
- In the CTRL+ box, enter m.
- Click OK.
When it is time to send the spreadsheet to everyone on your distribution list you simply open the workbook and click CTRL + M.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Free guide: Windows 8 Cheat Sheet: Touch and Mouse Gestures. Windows 8 brings a revolutionary way to use your mouse, touchpad, and touchscreen using 'gestures'. If you're new to gestures, you'll most certainly find them confusing - especially if you don't mean to invoke a gesture in the first place! That said, gestures are widely used on mobile and touch-based devices, and the technology is here to stay. Gestures can be a huge time-saver (similar to keyboard shortcuts) once you understand how to use them. For example, you can use gestures to move objects from one location to the next, zoom in, zoom out, enter passwords, and similar. This Windows 8 gesture cheat sheet is designed to make your life easier by demonstrating and explaining the basics. Print, share, and enjoy! Click here to download this guide now! Note: this guide is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.