Apple Unveils iPhone 5; Some Analysts Disappointed
Apple Inc's new iPhone is scheduled to become available for pre-order on Friday, September 14, 2012. Hitting retail stores a week later, it sports a raft of new technologies.
However, analysts say it's far from perfect.
Among the new gizmos on the iPhone 5: a 1136 x 640 pixel Retina display, a speedy new Apple "A6" processor, LTE/4G capabilities, a 720p front facing camera, three different microphones, better speakers, a 20 per cent reduction in weight, and a brand new 9-pin input/output connector.
Experts say the phone should last for up to eight hours of high speed web browsing on a single battery charge. (Source: cnet.com)
The new phone will be compatible with Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and Sprint, the United States' three largest cellphone service providers.
Newest iPhone Is Missing Important Innovation
Overall, the new iPhone 5 appears to include many of the technologies looked for by analysts. However, some people were left wanting more.
Apple failed to include the much-talked about "near field communications" chips that can make a smartphone function like a wallet, a passport, a credit card, a personal ID, and more.
"There is not a wow factor because everything you saw today is evolutionary. I do think they did enough to satisfy," noted Michael Yoshikami, chief executive of wealth management company Destination Wealth Management. (Source: Yahoo News)
"Overall, the device is a disappointment because it merely matches up to its competitors and showcases nothing revolutionary," added ZDNet's Ellyen Phneah. (Source: zdnet.com)
The iPhone 5 is encountering high expectations because the product is likely to face stiff competition from rivals, who seem ready to roll out exciting new smartphones for the 2012 holiday shopping season.
For example, Samsung now sells almost twice as many smartphones as Apple.
Coming Soon To A Market Near You
Apple's newest device is scheduled to start shipping on September 21 in the United States. Other countries that will get the iPhone 5 early include, Australia, Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore, with nearly 100 markets to be covered by year's end.
How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- No Service Packs For Windows 10; Support ends 2025
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Windows 10 to Natively Support iOS, Android Apps
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?