Display Number Values Greater Than 12 Digits: MS Excel
By default, MS Excel will display large numbers in cells using the scientific notation format.
For example, if you were to place the number "1231231231234" into a cell, the resulting display would be "1.23123E+12" as soon as the Enter key was pressed.
Even if you increased the cell width to accommodate 12 characters, Excel will still display the number in scientific notation.
Thankfully, there's a way to display numbers in a format other than scientific notation! The trick is to reformat the cell properties.
Here's how to do it:
- Select the cells that will hold the larger values and right-click the selection.
- Select Format Cells.
- In the Number tab, select the desired format (e.g., Number) and click OK.
Now when you enter the values that have more than 12 characters, they will be formatted as you specified -- and not using the dreaded scientific notation! ;-)
Wasn't that easy?
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.