Reading Layout View: MS Word 2003
Many times I receive articles and documents via e-mail and I have resorted to printing them so that they were easier for me to read.
In Word 2003, this task has been significantly enhanced with a new Reading Layout Mode, which provides handy single and multiple page layouts for reading and editing documents.
If you are opening a document primarily to read it, reading layout view optimizes the reading experience. Reading Layout view hides all toolbars except for the Reading Layout and Reviewing toolbars.
To switch on Reading Layout view, click the Read button on the Standard toolbar.
The Reading Layout toolbar consists of:
- Document Map: Displays the document map in a pane on the left side of the window.
- Thumbnails: Displays several pages of the document in a thumbnail format at the left side of the window.
- Research: Opens the Research task pane at the right side of the window.
- Text Size: These two buttons give you the ability to make the text larger (or smaller) for reading purposes without changing the font size.
- Actual Page: See what the text would look like on a page if you printed it. This is similar to print layout view.
- Allow Multiple Pages: Look at two pages side by side, as you do when you read a book.
- Close: Closes reading layout view.
To switch off documents opening in Reading Layout view:
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- Then on the General tab, clear the Allow starting in Reading Layout check box.
Now wasn't that easy?
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Free eBook: 6 Tips For Creating An Unbreakable Password That You Can Remember. Do you use the same password for most of the websites you visit? What about your PC? If your passwords are not unique for every website you visit (including your PC), you might as open the front door and invite the cybercrooks in for lunch! This ebook will show you show to create strong passwords that are easy to remember. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.