Critical Updates for Windows and MS Office Announced
Calling some of the bugs affecting Windows and Office "critical", Microsoft today announced that it will be releasing a free update/download on Tuesday to correct such problems.
Four updates will be issued for Windows, with three on the way for Office. At least one download for each application have been placed in Microsoft's "highest-risk" category, and the company encourages users to make the necessary changes as soon as the updates become available next week. (Source: news.com)
The download itself will be detectable through the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and the Enterprise Scan Tool. It is possible that the updates will require the user to restart his/her system.
In addition, Microsoft will update its Malicious Software Removal Tool through a similar download next week. This update will be available across all of Microsoft's servers next week, as well. (Source: microsoft.com)
Why the download? What's so critical?
Microsoft is remaining hush about what the "critical" updates are meant to upgrade. Users in touch with recent tech news are aware that similar downloads have led to the installation of Microsoft's Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), the controversial anti-piracy program. The "Notifications" element of WGA -- the part that allegedly reports back to Microsoft headquarters on the legitimacy of user software -- has been purportedly installed through updates like those offered next week. (Source: news.com)
Although Microsoft is keeping quiet on the exact purpose behind the updates, they are offering a free webcast from their website, next Wednesday, July 12, to offer explanation of the downloads. The webcast will be shown here:
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.