Apply a Fill Effects Background: MS PowerPoint
To use one of the fill effects options, choose Format | Background, click the drop-down list, and then click Fill Effects. When the dialog box appears, you can choose between four possible background types.
To apply a gradient background, follow the steps below:
- Click the Gradient tab. The Fill Effects dialog box now includes the options that are available for applying a gradient background. You can now select one of the options that are described after step 2.
- After you have chosen a fill option for your presentation, click OK to return to the Background dialog box.
From there, you can:
- Apply a one-color gradient fill and see colors fade slowly from dark to light. You can select the fill color by dropping down the Color 1 list. Change the intensity of the color by dragging the slider left or right.
- Apply a two-color gradient fill where colors gradually fade from one shade to the next. Click the drop-down lists associated with Color 1 and Color 2 to select each color.
- Apply a preset gradient fill that utilizes distinctive color or style combinations.
- Select a shading style and variant to further enhance your gradient choice. The shading style refers to the way the colors are applied to the slide. After choosing a style, you can select additional variations of that style or variants, that will work best for your particular situation.
I'll tell you how to use textured backgrounds in a future article.
(c) Carol Bratt, all rights reserved. Used with permission. Duplication is forbidden without express consent of author. Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Free eBook: Best Windows 8.1 Browser: Chrome vs. Firefox vs. Internet Explorer. When it comes to web browsing on your Windows 8 tablet, chances are you've already picked your favorite browser for the job. But you might be missing out: the best browsers can enhance your surfing experience with fast speeds, comprehensive standards support and intuitive navigation. We put the three leading browsers for Windows 8's "Metro" mode - Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer - to the test to see which one will serve you best. From button placement to changing tabs, your browser's layout is fundamental to how quickly and comfortably you can surf the web. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.