Apply a Fill Effects Background: MS PowerPoint
To use one of the fill effects options, choose Format | Background, click the drop-down list, and then click Fill Effects. When the dialog box appears, you can choose between four possible background types.
To apply a gradient background, follow the steps below:
- Click the Gradient tab. The Fill Effects dialog box now includes the options that are available for applying a gradient background. You can now select one of the options that are described after step 2.
- After you have chosen a fill option for your presentation, click OK to return to the Background dialog box.
From there, you can:
- Apply a one-color gradient fill and see colors fade slowly from dark to light. You can select the fill color by dropping down the Color 1 list. Change the intensity of the color by dragging the slider left or right.
- Apply a two-color gradient fill where colors gradually fade from one shade to the next. Click the drop-down lists associated with Color 1 and Color 2 to select each color.
- Apply a preset gradient fill that utilizes distinctive color or style combinations.
- Select a shading style and variant to further enhance your gradient choice. The shading style refers to the way the colors are applied to the slide. After choosing a style, you can select additional variations of that style or variants, that will work best for your particular situation.
I'll tell you how to use textured backgrounds in a future article.
(c) Carol Bratt, all rights reserved. Used with permission. Duplication is forbidden without express consent of author. Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.