Apply a Fill Effects Background: MS PowerPoint
To use one of the fill effects options, choose Format | Background, click the drop-down list, and then click Fill Effects. When the dialog box appears, you can choose between four possible background types.
To apply a gradient background, follow the steps below:
- Click the Gradient tab. The Fill Effects dialog box now includes the options that are available for applying a gradient background. You can now select one of the options that are described after step 2.
- After you have chosen a fill option for your presentation, click OK to return to the Background dialog box.
From there, you can:
- Apply a one-color gradient fill and see colors fade slowly from dark to light. You can select the fill color by dropping down the Color 1 list. Change the intensity of the color by dragging the slider left or right.
- Apply a two-color gradient fill where colors gradually fade from one shade to the next. Click the drop-down lists associated with Color 1 and Color 2 to select each color.
- Apply a preset gradient fill that utilizes distinctive color or style combinations.
- Select a shading style and variant to further enhance your gradient choice. The shading style refers to the way the colors are applied to the slide. After choosing a style, you can select additional variations of that style or variants, that will work best for your particular situation.
I'll tell you how to use textured backgrounds in a future article.
(c) Carol Bratt, all rights reserved. Used with permission. Duplication is forbidden without express consent of author. Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!