Apply a Fill Effects Background: MS PowerPoint
To use one of the fill effects options, choose Format | Background, click the drop-down list, and then click Fill Effects. When the dialog box appears, you can choose between four possible background types.
To apply a gradient background, follow the steps below:
- Click the Gradient tab. The Fill Effects dialog box now includes the options that are available for applying a gradient background. You can now select one of the options that are described after step 2.
- After you have chosen a fill option for your presentation, click OK to return to the Background dialog box.
From there, you can:
- Apply a one-color gradient fill and see colors fade slowly from dark to light. You can select the fill color by dropping down the Color 1 list. Change the intensity of the color by dragging the slider left or right.
- Apply a two-color gradient fill where colors gradually fade from one shade to the next. Click the drop-down lists associated with Color 1 and Color 2 to select each color.
- Apply a preset gradient fill that utilizes distinctive color or style combinations.
- Select a shading style and variant to further enhance your gradient choice. The shading style refers to the way the colors are applied to the slide. After choosing a style, you can select additional variations of that style or variants, that will work best for your particular situation.
I'll tell you how to use textured backgrounds in a future article.
(c) Carol Bratt, all rights reserved. Used with permission. Duplication is forbidden without express consent of author. Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Free guide: Windows 7 -- Free Quick Reference Card. Ask any pro computer user and they'll tell you: having to constantly reach for the mouse not only causes strain on your neck and back - it also slows you down. Imagine being able to control your computer the way it was meant to be - using your keyboard! With this guide, you'll learn to dramatically increase productivity using the best ways to navigate, organize, and manage your Windows PC and its contents. Most importantly: the majority of these shortcuts, tips, and tricks are valid for any PC, netbook, and laptop running Windows XP, Vista, and 7. Use it to brush up on the basics and to find alternate methods to your favorite commands. This printable quick reference guide is yours to use, distribute, and share! Click here to download this guide now! Note: this guide is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.