You are hereHome › Carlo Orlando › West Meets East: Sony and Warner Deliver Western Content to Asia Market
West Meets East: Sony and Warner Deliver Western Content to Asia Market
Sony BMG Music Entertainment and Warner Music Group have agreed to provide music downloads from America and distribute other western content directly onto mobile phones for sale in the Asian market. The two will operate out of China in association with the already established ACCESS China Media Solutions.
ACCESS China Media Solutions is its own international joint venture, combining ACCESS Ltd. of China and Melodeo of the United States. ACCESS China Media Solutions was formed in early 2006 as a means for Melodeo to distribute its technology to wireless carriers and handset makers in China. (Source: usatoday.com)
Now, Sony BMG and Warner Music will attempt to enter into the Asian market via ACCESS, though the extent of these investments still remains unclear.
Melodeo produces software through which mobile phone users can dial up digital content such as ringtones, listen to podcasts or download songs in their entirety. (Source: theglobeandmail.com)
Sony BMG and Warner Music Group are expected to play a vital role in the continued success of the already popular ACCESS China Media Solutions venture. The two companies will implement a wide range of western music into the Eastern market, which will be playable on all Melodeo software.
Their investment in ACCESS gives both Sony BMG and Warner Music some control in deciding how the technology will be used to play their music and also outlines how their recording artists will be protected from the unauthorized piracy of their music. (Source: theglobeandmail.com)
In general, mobile phone networks are believed to be more secure than the Internet in terms of sharing digital content. Record labels are nonetheless keen on avoiding the problems that piracy poses with CD distributions and online downloads through unauthorized file-sharing networks.
ACCESS will also include a digital rights management system as part of its deal with Sony BMG and Warner Music. The system will prevent content that is being distributed over their mobile phones from being copied without permission. (Source: usatoday.com)
Currently, ACCESS China Media Solutions has only secured the services of one cellphone network operator, MobileOne Ltd. of Singapore.
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.