Split a Bulleted List Between Slides in MS PowerPoint
I don't know of a way to build in automatic overflow of text to a new slide in PowerPoint like you can do with text boxes in Word or in Publisher. However, once your presentation is designed, you can split a bullet list between two slides.
Follow the steps below to split up a bulleted list in your PowerPoint presentation:
- In Normal view, switch to the Outline tab.
- Move the insertion point where you want to split the text. Press Enter.
- For this to work, you must have your AutoCorrect option set properly.
- From the main menu choose Tools | AutoCorrect.
- In the AutoFormat As You Type tab, find the Apply As You Type section.
- Un-check the AutoFit body text to placeholder option.
- Otherwise, PowerPoint will continue to shrink the font when you have more text than can be accommodated on a slide, which is not what you want to happen.
Your bulleted list should now be split between two slides.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!