Split a Bulleted List Between Slides in MS PowerPoint
I don't know of a way to build in automatic overflow of text to a new slide in PowerPoint like you can do with text boxes in Word or in Publisher. However, once your presentation is designed, you can split a bullet list between two slides.
Follow the steps below to split up a bulleted list in your PowerPoint presentation:
- In Normal view, switch to the Outline tab.
- Move the insertion point where you want to split the text. Press Enter.
- For this to work, you must have your AutoCorrect option set properly.
- From the main menu choose Tools | AutoCorrect.
- In the AutoFormat As You Type tab, find the Apply As You Type section.
- Un-check the AutoFit body text to placeholder option.
- Otherwise, PowerPoint will continue to shrink the font when you have more text than can be accommodated on a slide, which is not what you want to happen.
Your bulleted list should now be split between two slides.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Free guide: Windows 8 Cheat Sheet: Touch and Mouse Gestures. Windows 8 brings a revolutionary way to use your mouse, touchpad, and touchscreen using 'gestures'. If you're new to gestures, you'll most certainly find them confusing - especially if you don't mean to invoke a gesture in the first place! That said, gestures are widely used on mobile and touch-based devices, and the technology is here to stay. Gestures can be a huge time-saver (similar to keyboard shortcuts) once you understand how to use them. For example, you can use gestures to move objects from one location to the next, zoom in, zoom out, enter passwords, and similar. This Windows 8 gesture cheat sheet is designed to make your life easier by demonstrating and explaining the basics. Print, share, and enjoy! Click here to download this guide now! Note: this guide is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.