Tips and Tricks: MS Word
There are lots of tips and tricks to use in MS Word to save time and keystrokes and you all know that I love anything that saves time and keystrokes!
Below are some of my favorite time savers:
- Selecting a Word: If you want to select a word, simply double-click on the word. MS Word will select the word and the space behind it as well. The punctuation behind the word is ignored, however.
- Selecting a Sentence: Press CTRL and click on the sentence that you want to select.
- Selecting a Paragraph: Triple-click anywhere within the paragraph.
- Save lots of documents simultaneously: Press SHIFT and click on the File menu and you will now see Save All.
- Quickly Move Between your Documents: If you find that you are often working with multiple documents, press CTRL + F6 to move to the next document. To move back you will need to press CTRL + SHIFT + F6.
- Quickly Use Find and Replace: This is really cool; double-click on the left end of your status bar to see the Find and Replace window with an open Go To tab.
Now you have a few more tools to keep your time and keystrokes to a minimum!
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Free eBook: A Crossroads for Windows XP Users: Windows 7 or Windows 8?. Microsoft's Windows XP has officially been decommissioned as of April 8, 2014, meaning that Microsoft will not longer support the software insofar as security updates are concerned. So, is it really that dangerous to continue using Windows XP? Security experts agree that the answer to that question is a resounding 'Yes!' If you are still using Windows XP, you should upgrade as soon as possible; otherwise, you run a significantly increased risk of being infected by malicious software (malware) - resulting in ID theft, credit card fraud, or worse. This eBook helps users decide which operating system would be the most viable option, depending on your current configuration. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.
Need tech support? Chat with Dennis now using the chat button near the bottom left of the screen.