Color One Cell in an MS Word Table
A reader recently inquired:
"I have a table and would like to color the entire background of a single cell in the table. I am able to color the text in the cell, but not the entire background of the cell. I use MS Office 2003.
Any suggestions are much appreciated."
- Place your cursor in the cell in which you would like to have shading.
- Now click on Format | Borders and Shading.
- Click on the Shading tab.
- On the left side, under Fill, select the color you would like to use.
- On the right side, under Apply to, use the drop-down arrow and select Cell.
- Click on OK.
That's really all there is to it!
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Free eBook: PC Maintenance Handbook - 2nd Edition. With the PC Maintenance Handbook, you'll learn how to improve your PC's performance, speed, and reliability. This guide is designed to help you find ways to maintain your Windows PC and ensure it remains clean and speedy throughout its life. PC maintenance doesn't have to be difficult, and this guide makes it easy to understand. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.