Color One Cell in an MS Word Table
A reader recently inquired:
"I have a table and would like to color the entire background of a single cell in the table. I am able to color the text in the cell, but not the entire background of the cell. I use MS Office 2003.
Any suggestions are much appreciated."
- Place your cursor in the cell in which you would like to have shading.
- Now click on Format | Borders and Shading.
- Click on the Shading tab.
- On the left side, under Fill, select the color you would like to use.
- On the right side, under Apply to, use the drop-down arrow and select Cell.
- Click on OK.
That's really all there is to it!
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- No Service Packs For Windows 10; Support ends 2025
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Windows 10 to Natively Support iOS, Android Apps
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?