Color One Cell in an MS Word Table
A reader recently inquired:
"I have a table and would like to color the entire background of a single cell in the table. I am able to color the text in the cell, but not the entire background of the cell. I use MS Office 2003.
Any suggestions are much appreciated."
- Place your cursor in the cell in which you would like to have shading.
- Now click on Format | Borders and Shading.
- Click on the Shading tab.
- On the left side, under Fill, select the color you would like to use.
- On the right side, under Apply to, use the drop-down arrow and select Cell.
- Click on OK.
That's really all there is to it!
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!