Resize Columns in MS Excel the Quick Way
I bet you didn't know that you could make MS Excel resize multiple columns in one fell swoop did you? Yes, that's right, you can resize them so that each will accommodate its longest line perfectly.
I am sure that you all know how to fiddle with the width of columns in MS Excel by now. You can go to each column and click your mouse and then drag the column to widen it. But that is the old fashioned way! We are all about saving time and keystrokes right? Darned right we are!
Follow the steps below to learn how to save some time and keystrokes:
- Position your mouse at the right-hand column header. You will know when you are in the right spot when your cursor changes to a left-right arrow.
- Just double-click in that spot and presto! chango! the column is now just large enough for its widest text.
You can perform this feat with multiple columns as well.
- Select a contiguous group of columns by clicking one column header and dragging sideways until they are all selected.
- You can also select a non-contiguous group of columns by clicking one column header and then using your CTRL key while clicking the rest of them.
- Once you have selected your columns, simply double-click the divider at the right-hand edge of any of your selected columns and they will all automatically adjust to the perfect width.
You can always use the Text Wrapping option too, if you prefer.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Free eBook: Windows 7 - The Pocket Guide. Windows 7 is by far the most favorite and widely-used Microsoft operating system to date, and, there are literally thousands of customizations you can apply to it. This pocket guide will help you customize your Windows 7 PC and make it work in the easiest and most optimized way possible. The eBook is written in an easy to understand manner, whether you're a newbie or seasoned pro user. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.