Google Street View Captures Woman in Birthday Suit
Here's a new reason to make sure you're covered up when wandering outside your house: Google Street View might just be watching. Recently, a Florida woman was caught naked outside her home and it took some time before the image was finally blurred out.
Google's Street View was introduced about four years ago. Although originally used for just a few cities in the United States, today it offers a 3D perspective of city streets for a wide range of urban environments around the globe.
Handy App or Intrusive Nuisance?
Street View is extremely handy when preparing to visit an unknown locale, because unlike the standard Google Maps search, it allows users to actually see their destination on screen. It can also help users figure out which side of the road their destination is on, something that isn't always apparent with Google Maps, or Mapquest.
Google uses specially-designed cars with mounted cameras to take the pictures necessary for the tool. It then mounts them on the site so that users can spin around and get a 360-degree perspective of the location in question.
Of course, once in a while that means Google catches some surprising images. It may be safe to say that this most recent shot tops them all.
Google Finally Blurs Image
It's unclear when the picture was taken by Google, but for an indefinite amount of time the image of a Miami woman standing completely bare and holding a white water jug outside her home has been available via the Street View tool.
Not until that image was discovered by The Smoking Gun blog and displayed on its website did Google bother to blur out the image. (Source: cnet.com)
Luckily for the woman, at no point was her face clear enough to form a positive identity. However, there was no mistaking the fact that she did, indeed, have not a stitch of clothing on her body at the time.
"It used to be you could contemplatively hold a water jug naked outside of your... house without fear that your photo would end up on the Internet," reported the Miami New Times. "Used to be." (Source: cbsnews.com)
Ah, the times they are a changing.
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.