Angry Birds App Behind New Theme Parks
Angry Birds, the free, downloadable video game that has become so popular it has been downloaded an estimated 10 million times, will soon become the premise for a chain of 'real life' theme parks to be built around the world by the game-maker.
Until now, the game has been available only in the 'virutal world,' such as for Apple's iPhone, the iPad, Android devices, and various other game-playing platforms. (Source: bbc.co.uk)
The game itself is simple: players launch birds at pigs on a stage, with the goal being to eliminate all of the pigs.
According to reports, Angry Birds maker Rovio has partnered with playground developer Lappset to develop several Angry Birds-based theme parks in a variety of international locations.
The first park will be built in Finland, with another to follow in the United Kingdom.
Angry Birds Theme Parks Launched at the Whole Family
The first Angry Birds centers will be known as "Angry Birds Land." The prototype will debut in Finland because that's where Rovio is based.
Reports suggest that the new parks will include animal spring rides, swings, sandboxes, climbable towers, and slides, all echoing the Angry Birds theme.
According to Rovio executive vice president of licensing and merchandising Harri Koponen, the idea for the parks isn't just about promoting the game.
"Our goal is to motivate the fans, both adults and children, to exercise and enjoy the outdoors," Koponen said, adding that the parks "offer a delightful Angry Birds experience for the whole family." (Source: pcmag.com)
Not the First Angry Birds Park
Surprisingly, this plan isn't the first time Angry Birds has been used as the basis for a theme park. Just such an establishment opened last September in China.
However, without the involvement of either Rovio or Lapsett, that park is unlicensed and unauthorized. How appropriate, given that Angry Birds is one of the world's most pirated franchises. (Source: bbc.co.uk)
"There is tons and tons of merchandise out there, especially in Asia, which is not officially licensed products," said Rovio chief executive officer, Mikael Hed.
"We could learn a lot form the music industry, and the rather terrible ways the music industry has tried to combat piracy." (Source: pcmag.com)
It's expected that the first of Rovio's fully-authorized Angry Birds-based park will open in Finland on April 28, 2012.
How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- No Service Packs For Windows 10; Support ends 2025
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Windows 10 to Natively Support iOS, Android Apps
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?