Can't Uninstall / Remove PC Mighty Max?
Infopackets Reader Fred S. writes:
" Dear Dennis,
I recently download a program called PCMighty Max. The web site said it was free and would fix errors on my computer. The problem is that it has the most annoying warnings and popups which practically force you into purchasing the full retail version. Question is: how can I remove PC Mighty Max from my computer? I have tried to remove mightymax from my Control Panel, but, the remove feature is not there. Thank you in advance for your help -- I am a new subscriber and look forward to my first edition! "
After a bit of digging via Google.com, I found numerous forum postings where folks were complaining of the same problem -- and that is, they can't uninstall PCMightMax because there is no remove feature.
The lack of a removal button is not only highly annoying, but it's unscrupulously purposeful.
RE: How to Remove / Uninstall PC Mighty Max
Option #1: According to a posting on bullGuard.com, you can initiate the PCMightyMax uninstall process by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, then go to the PC MightyMax heading, and click the "Change" option [normally this is where the "remove" button is located]. Once the "change" button is clicked, the installer will initiate. The option to remove will present itself in the install phase only after you click the "Next" button a few times to advance the screen. For more information, see this posting:
Option #2: Another posting over at xpForum.com recommends using a freeware utility called CCLeaner to uninstall PCMightyMax. Reportedly, it worked for one fellow, but please use caution with CCLeaner (refer to this forum posting for more info).
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.