Display a Photo in Hidden Comments: MS Excel
Have you ever had a list in Microsoft Excel -- (such as a "products list", for example) -- where you need to display a photo next to a record ... but the photo needed to be small enough to coincide with the list?
In that case: consider using hidden comments to display your photos! Hidden comments work *great* for lists in Excel. Once the photo has been placed inside the hidden comment, simply move your cursor over the comment cell to see the picture! It's as easy as pie!
Here is how to do it:
- Select a cell that contains a Comment, right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Show Comment.
- Select the edge of the Comment so that the Comment is surrounded by dots, not by slashes.
- Right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Format Comment, Colors and Lines, Fill.
- Open the Color box. Choose Fill Effects. Click the Picture tab, and click Select Picture.
- Select a picture and click OK. Resize the Comment as appropriate.
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!