Display a Photo in Hidden Comments: MS Excel
Have you ever had a list in Microsoft Excel -- (such as a "products list", for example) -- where you need to display a photo next to a record ... but the photo needed to be small enough to coincide with the list?
In that case: consider using hidden comments to display your photos! Hidden comments work *great* for lists in Excel. Once the photo has been placed inside the hidden comment, simply move your cursor over the comment cell to see the picture! It's as easy as pie!
Here is how to do it:
- Select a cell that contains a Comment, right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Show Comment.
- Select the edge of the Comment so that the Comment is surrounded by dots, not by slashes.
- Right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Format Comment, Colors and Lines, Fill.
- Open the Color box. Choose Fill Effects. Click the Picture tab, and click Select Picture.
- Select a picture and click OK. Resize the Comment as appropriate.
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Free guide: Windows 7 -- Free Quick Reference Card. Ask any pro computer user and they'll tell you: having to constantly reach for the mouse not only causes strain on your neck and back - it also slows you down. Imagine being able to control your computer the way it was meant to be - using your keyboard! With this guide, you'll learn to dramatically increase productivity using the best ways to navigate, organize, and manage your Windows PC and its contents. Most importantly: the majority of these shortcuts, tips, and tricks are valid for any PC, netbook, and laptop running Windows XP, Vista, and 7. Use it to brush up on the basics and to find alternate methods to your favorite commands. This printable quick reference guide is yours to use, distribute, and share! Click here to download this guide now! Note: this guide is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.