Display a Photo in Hidden Comments: MS Excel
Have you ever had a list in Microsoft Excel -- (such as a "products list", for example) -- where you need to display a photo next to a record ... but the photo needed to be small enough to coincide with the list?
In that case: consider using hidden comments to display your photos! Hidden comments work *great* for lists in Excel. Once the photo has been placed inside the hidden comment, simply move your cursor over the comment cell to see the picture! It's as easy as pie!
Here is how to do it:
- Select a cell that contains a Comment, right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Show Comment.
- Select the edge of the Comment so that the Comment is surrounded by dots, not by slashes.
- Right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Format Comment, Colors and Lines, Fill.
- Open the Color box. Choose Fill Effects. Click the Picture tab, and click Select Picture.
- Select a picture and click OK. Resize the Comment as appropriate.
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Free eBook: The Windows 7 Guide: From Newbies to Pros. In this 46 page guide you will be introduced to Windows 7 and what it has to offer. It will teach you about the new taskbar, how to resolve software compatibility issues, how to customize Windows Aero, and explain what the Windows 7 Libraries are all about. Also included: a detailed list of what software is included in Windows 7, and how easy networking is with Windows 7 along with other topics. The advice within this guide will help new users become acquainted with Windows 7 and can also help those who are on the fence about purchasing Windows 7 decide if it would be a good idea. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.