Display a Photo in Hidden Comments: MS Excel
Have you ever had a list in Microsoft Excel -- (such as a "products list", for example) -- where you need to display a photo next to a record ... but the photo needed to be small enough to coincide with the list?
In that case: consider using hidden comments to display your photos! Hidden comments work *great* for lists in Excel. Once the photo has been placed inside the hidden comment, simply move your cursor over the comment cell to see the picture! It's as easy as pie!
Here is how to do it:
- Select a cell that contains a Comment, right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Show Comment.
- Select the edge of the Comment so that the Comment is surrounded by dots, not by slashes.
- Right-click, and from the shortcut menu, select Format Comment, Colors and Lines, Fill.
- Open the Color box. Choose Fill Effects. Click the Picture tab, and click Select Picture.
- Select a picture and click OK. Resize the Comment as appropriate.
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Free guide: Windows 8 Cheat Sheet: Keyboard Shortcuts. Microsoft Windows has always had some fantastic time-saving keyboard shortcuts designed to make our lives easier. For example: CTRL-X will cut text or objects, and CTRL-V will paste them. (Of course, you can use your mouse to achieve the same thing, but it requires clicking and fumbling through menus, which can be a huge time waster if you cut and paste 50+ times a day). With Windows 8, Microsoft has added many new keyboard shortcuts to their operating system; unfortunately, it's a bit of a learning curve. That's where the Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts cheat sheet comes in! Simply download the guide and reference it when you need to. You'll save a ton of time using your keyboard, rather than reaching for the mouse and flipping through oodles of menus trying to find what you're looking for. Share and enjoy! Click here to download this guide now! Note: this guide is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.