Print Delivery Point Barcodes on Envelopes: MS Word
Many people utilize the Envelopes and Labels feature of MS Word to create their own envelopes. One of the most often overlooked features of this tool, however, is Word’s ability to print delivery point bar codes on your envelopes.
The delivery point barcode is used by the sorting machines at the United States Postal Service to help route mail more efficiently. Depending upon what you’re mailing, you can save money on your postage by printing the delivery point barcode on an envelope. To learn more about saving money using this feature, you may visit the US Postal Service website at http://www.usps.gov.
According to USPS specifications, the delivery point barcode can appear either above or below the destination address. Word, by default, places it just above the address block.
To include the delivery point barcode on your envelopes, follow the steps below:
- Choose Envelopes and Labels from the Tools menu. In Word 2002, choose Letters and Mailings from the Tools menu, then choose Envelopes and Labels from the resulting submenu. Word will display the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.
- Make sure the Envelopes tab is selected.
- Use the controls in the dialog box to configure your addresses to your liking.
- Click on the Options button. Word displays the Envelope Options dialog box.
- Make sure the Delivery Point Barcode check box is selected. A representation of the barcode should appear in the preview window; click on OK.
- Make any other changes to the envelope that you like.
- Choose to either print the envelope or include it with the current document.
There you have it! Your mail will more than likely reach its destination more quickly now that you use the delivery point barcode!
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.