Print Delivery Point Barcodes on Envelopes: MS Word
Many people utilize the Envelopes and Labels feature of MS Word to create their own envelopes. One of the most often overlooked features of this tool, however, is Word’s ability to print delivery point bar codes on your envelopes.
The delivery point barcode is used by the sorting machines at the United States Postal Service to help route mail more efficiently. Depending upon what you’re mailing, you can save money on your postage by printing the delivery point barcode on an envelope. To learn more about saving money using this feature, you may visit the US Postal Service website at http://www.usps.gov.
According to USPS specifications, the delivery point barcode can appear either above or below the destination address. Word, by default, places it just above the address block.
To include the delivery point barcode on your envelopes, follow the steps below:
- Choose Envelopes and Labels from the Tools menu. In Word 2002, choose Letters and Mailings from the Tools menu, then choose Envelopes and Labels from the resulting submenu. Word will display the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.
- Make sure the Envelopes tab is selected.
- Use the controls in the dialog box to configure your addresses to your liking.
- Click on the Options button. Word displays the Envelope Options dialog box.
- Make sure the Delivery Point Barcode check box is selected. A representation of the barcode should appear in the preview window; click on OK.
- Make any other changes to the envelope that you like.
- Choose to either print the envelope or include it with the current document.
There you have it! Your mail will more than likely reach its destination more quickly now that you use the delivery point barcode!
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Free eBook: 6 Tips For Creating An Unbreakable Password That You Can Remember. Do you use the same password for most of the websites you visit? What about your PC? If your passwords are not unique for every website you visit (including your PC), you might as open the front door and invite the cybercrooks in for lunch! This ebook will show you show to create strong passwords that are easy to remember. Click here to download this eBook now! Note: this eBook is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.