Print Delivery Point Barcodes on Envelopes: MS Word
Many people utilize the Envelopes and Labels feature of MS Word to create their own envelopes. One of the most often overlooked features of this tool, however, is Word’s ability to print delivery point bar codes on your envelopes.
The delivery point barcode is used by the sorting machines at the United States Postal Service to help route mail more efficiently. Depending upon what you’re mailing, you can save money on your postage by printing the delivery point barcode on an envelope. To learn more about saving money using this feature, you may visit the US Postal Service website at http://www.usps.gov.
According to USPS specifications, the delivery point barcode can appear either above or below the destination address. Word, by default, places it just above the address block.
To include the delivery point barcode on your envelopes, follow the steps below:
- Choose Envelopes and Labels from the Tools menu. In Word 2002, choose Letters and Mailings from the Tools menu, then choose Envelopes and Labels from the resulting submenu. Word will display the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.
- Make sure the Envelopes tab is selected.
- Use the controls in the dialog box to configure your addresses to your liking.
- Click on the Options button. Word displays the Envelope Options dialog box.
- Make sure the Delivery Point Barcode check box is selected. A representation of the barcode should appear in the preview window; click on OK.
- Make any other changes to the envelope that you like.
- Choose to either print the envelope or include it with the current document.
There you have it! Your mail will more than likely reach its destination more quickly now that you use the delivery point barcode!
Visit Carol's web site to learn more tips like this one!
Free guide: Windows 7 -- Free Quick Reference Card. Ask any pro computer user and they'll tell you: having to constantly reach for the mouse not only causes strain on your neck and back - it also slows you down. Imagine being able to control your computer the way it was meant to be - using your keyboard! With this guide, you'll learn to dramatically increase productivity using the best ways to navigate, organize, and manage your Windows PC and its contents. Most importantly: the majority of these shortcuts, tips, and tricks are valid for any PC, netbook, and laptop running Windows XP, Vista, and 7. Use it to brush up on the basics and to find alternate methods to your favorite commands. This printable quick reference guide is yours to use, distribute, and share! Click here to download this guide now! Note: this guide is free, but registration is required; after that, you can select more ebooks and videos for download without registering again. If you have questions / problems with the registration form, please read this.