Updating Linked Data in MS Excel
Let's get back on track with our series on linked data in Excel!
Source data that is referenced within the same workbook is updated automatically. However, when source data is stored in a separate workbook file, you can decide when the update should occur.
By default, you will be prompted to update the data when the file is opened. Data can be updated as the file is being opened or after the file is in use.
To update linked data when opening a file, follow the steps below:
- Open the workbook that contains the external cell reference(s).
- You will see a Message box asking whether to update Linked information.
- Choose Yes to update the linked data; or
- Choose No to keep the existing information.
If linked data is not updated when the file is opened, it can be updated manually by using the Edit | Links command.
To update linked data while editing a file, follow the steps below:
- Activate the worksheet that contains the data to be updated.
- Choose Edit | Links.
- The Links dialog box will appear.
- Choose Update Now.
Pretty simple to do isn't it?
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.