Single and Double Line Spacing in MS Word
A reader recently wrote to me regarding a problem with Line Spacing in MS Word:
"Having trouble with single and double line spacing, especially when starting in double and inserting a heading, and then further text in [single], spacing is not equal between heading and text. Do I swap [to single] line at end of heading?"
Some heading styles in MS Word employ spacing before and after and this is most likely what you are referring to when you say the spacing is not equal.
If you highlight your heading and then right-click on it and select Paragraph, under Spacing you will see that the paragraph has space before and after settings.
You can modify your heading style by selecting it and clicking on Format | Styles and Formatting and the Styles and the Formatting Pane will then open on the right-hand side of your Word screen. Select the style that you would like to change, and use the drop-down arrow next to it and select Modify. The Modify dialog box will open and you can then click on Paragraph and change the spacing to your liking.
An easier solution would be to create a style of your own to follow the heading style and set the paragraphs in your style to you own liking. Then, you will always have a style to use in your documents and you will never have to worry about setting your spacing again.
I hope this has been helpful to you.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.