Audio CD won't display Track Title?
Infopackets Reader Jim B. writes:
" Dear Dennis,
I have Windows XP and Nero Express CD burning program. I have burned many audio CDs using .WAV, and .MP3 source sound files. The one thing that can't understand, however, is why the track titles never get burned onto my audio CD. They always show up as 'Track 1' and 'Track 2', instead of the actual song title. Can you recommend a good burning program that will burn titles also? "
Just to recap: the type of CD you are referring to is a standard audio CD -- the kind that you can play in virtually any CD player. In comparison, MP3 audio CDs (containing only .MP3 files) can only be played in a special MP3-player, or using your computer.
Furthermore: almost all MP3 files store Song Title information, whereas .WAV sound files do not. When you create a standard audio CD, the Song Title information from an .MP3 file is typically omitted, unless you burn the standard audio CD using a feature called CD Text.
The CD Text feature has been around for quite some time, but is not very widely supported. CD Text will only work on a standard audio CD if and only if:
a) your CD burner and CD burner software support CD Text
b) your CD player can read CD Text
Nero burning ROM has a feature to add CD Text to standard Audio CDs: to enable / disable / edit the CD text, you have to right-click each music file after it's been added to your compilation, and set the CD Text (it should be set by default as the name of the file).
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.