Insert Rows and Columns in MS Word Tables
A reader recently wrote:
" [In regard to the article 'Insert Rows and Columns in Tables in MS Word'] ... your article forgets to mention that one must right-click on a cell above or below where the inserted row is to go. There is no Table | Insert menu item in Word 2007. I appreciate what you are doing at this site but this article was confusing because of the omission."
I do apologize if you were confused by my article.
You are quite correct; I did not mention that you could right-click on a row above or below to insert a row. Note that I said "could" and not "must." Please also note that you cannot just "right-click on a cell above or below where the inserted row is to go." You must first select the row.
I did, however, state that to insert a row, you must first select the row that will move down to make room for the new row and then click the Insert Row button that appears where the Insert Table used to be on your toolbar.
These are choices in MS word; you can have it your way and make your own choice!
Again, you are correct that there is no Table | Insert menu in version 2007, but the article was written with steps to follow in version 2003.
In version 2007, in an existing table, select a number of rows equal to the number you want to insert and click Insert Above on the Layout tab of the Ribbon. The rows are inserted just before the selected row.
The Layout tab of the Ribbon is only available when you select the rows.
I hope this has cleared any confusion.
When you become a member at CarolsCornerOffice.com, you have access to this and many, many more articles that include screenshots. Don't delay: visit us today!
Infopackets Top Windows 10 FAQs
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit
How to Fix: Windows 10 Antivirus Missing, Not Compatible
How to Fix: Windows 10 Display Shifted; Screen Fuzzy
How to Upgrade Windows 7, 8 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit
to Downgrade from Windows 10
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error C1900208
- How to Fix: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 80240020
- Can I Cancel my Windows 10 Reservation and Reserve Later?
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Windows 7, 8 License
- Will Windows 10 Install Automatically?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Do I have to Reinstall Programs?
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I choose 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Which Version of Windows 10 Will I Get (Home or Pro)?
- How to Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade (Free)
- How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error
- Windows 10 Upgrade: Can I keep my Old Windows Install?
- How to Cancel Windows 10 Reservation (Properly)
- Download Windows 10 .ISO (DVD) for Clean Install?
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Will Be The Last Version
- Does Windows 10 require the CPU to support PAE?
- Windows 10: Can I Upgrade or do I need a Clean Install?
Click here for more Windows 10 articles.